Are you interested in working with helloart as a host? Our Host FAQ will help answer some common questions about the process and what to expect.
Who are the hosts?
A host is any local business interested in exhibiting local art and making it available for sale to their clientele. These include restaurants, lounges, bars, cafes, corporate offices, hotels, law firms, medical clinics, etc.
How do I become a host?
Sign up at https://helloart.com/pages/become-an-art-host
Why join helloart?
- Improve your ambiance with original, local art.
- Increase foot traffic to your establishment.
- Support local artists.
- Connect with your community.
- Improve employee morale and spark creativity with original art on the wall.
- Invite customers and use art as an ice breaker and conversation starter.
- Receive 20% from art sales.
How much does the helloart service cost?
helloart offers affordable packages. Please contact us for details at email@example.com.
How does the process work?
- The host chooses art pieces from helloart.com. helloart’s curators can also assist with this step.
- helloart contacts the artist to make sure that the host fits their requirements.
- The artist delivers the art to the host location and installs the art.
- helloart provides art labels with QR codes to enable sales using mobile phones at the host location.
- The art will be exhibited for 8-12 weeks.
- When an artwork is sold, the host keeps 20% commission.
- By the end of the 8-12 weeks period, the art that is not sold will be picked up by the artist.
What is the commission split when art is sold on at a host location?
The artist keeps 60%, helloart keeps 20%, and the host keeps 20%.
Who handles the sales process?
helloart handles the sales process end-to-end through its platform.
When and how does the host get paid when an art is sold?
The host gets paid via bank transfer, e-wire, or Paypal, within 14 days after art is sold.
Does helloart offer curatorial services?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Is there a contract between helloart and the host?
Who is responsible for damaged or stolen art?
Hosts are required to insure the artworks that are being exhibited in their establishments. Your existing insurance probably covers such items. We highly suggest you check with your current insurance provider.
How long is an art piece exhibited at a host location?
The exhibition period is 8-12 weeks.
Who is responsible for delivering the art to hosts?
The delivery of art is managed by the artists.
How long will an artist take to deliver art to a host location?
Artists have up to 7 days from when they are notified to deliver their work to a host location.
Who hangs the artworks at host locations?
Artists are responsible for hanging their art.
If the art is not sold, what is the method of returning the art to the artist?
helloart will contact the artist to pick up their unsold art.
Are taxes charged and remitted?
Yes, helloart manages this.
Who provides the art labels?
helloart provides smart art labels for all exhibited artworks (example below). The label contains a QR code and URL, which enable an art lover to learn more about the artist and easily purchase the artwork using a mobile phone at the host location.