helloart brings artists, art lovers and local establishments together to create the most unique art discovery and shopping experience ever created.
We are an online platform that connects artists, art lovers, and local businesses that want to display and sell local artwork. We founded our company with the goal of providing a platform to help the efforts of great local artists while offering art lovers a simple way to explore and enjoy the art community in their local areas.
Our company is founded in Toronto, Canada and are proud to be hosting local art works at venues across the city. This is a great opportunity to help us as we expand to reach new customers in other locations.
We are a remote team looking for someone to currently take on short term, part-time contracts as we grow, however this opportunity can also ramp up to a full-time role.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
This is a fully remote, work from home position. We are looking for an ongoing relationship with a developer that can help improve our platform which helps local Artists upload, share and sell their artwork. You will be working with a small team implementing frontend and backend changes based on feedback with Artists and business owners that host their artwork.
Education: Completion of a post secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Template system,
- Class Based Views,
- ORM (Postgresql) ContentTypes,
- Static content management,
- Bootstrap 4,
- HTML / CSS,
- JS / JQuery,
- AJAX etc.,
- Email (HTML/template)
Bonus if you have the following additional skills:
- Shopify API familiarity,
- Vue.js (fairly basic knowledge),
- AWS/Django project deployment
Nature and Length of Experience: A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in web development. New grads and internship seekers are welcome to apply.
- Improve platform UI and UX based on user feedback.
- Work with other developers to create new features.
- Take part in design discussion and work closely with the technical team to solve problems.
- Integrate with Shopify API.
- Learning and discovering new methods and technologies to solve problems as needed.
- This is a 6 month contract
- Approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- A short introduction and why you’re interested in working with helloart
- This position is 100% remote; required work from home
- Submission deadline: June 1, 2020
Incomplete submission will not be considered.
Please send your application to email@example.com
We thank everyone that has expressed interest with their submission. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.